Columbia Basin Culture Tour
July 29 & 30, 2023 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Welcome to the 15th annual Columbia Basin Culture Tour!
We invite you to:
- meet people behind the scenes at galleries and museums
- visit studios and venues not normally open to the public
- shop for original art or fine crafts
- enjoy special events.
Self-directed and free of charge, this year’s tour has over 110 locations featuring the work of skilled local artists and fascinating cultural and heritage sites. To decide which sites you’d like to visit:
To view full artist and venue profiles, select an area:
- Rossland / Warfield / Trail
- Salmo / Ymir
- Castlegar & area (Robson, Pass Creek, Brilliant, Ootischenia)
- Southern Slocan Valley, Crescent Valley & area (Glade, Krestova, South Slocan, Beasley)
- West Arm, West Shore of Kootenay Lake, North Kootenay Lake (Nelson’s North Shore, Harrop, Procter, Balfour, Queens Bay, Ainsworth Hot Springs, Kaslo, Meadow Creek)
- East Shore of Kootenay Lake (Kootenay Bay, Crawford Bay, Gray Creek, Boswell)
- Wynndel / Creston
- Northern Slocan Valley (Winlaw, Silverton, Sandon, New Denver)
- Arrow Lakes (Nakusp, Galena Bay)
- Parson / Invermere
- Elkford / Fernie
- Cranbrook / Kimberley
The Columbia Basin Culture Tour is a project of the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance, managed by the West Kootenay Regional Arts Council and funded by Columbia Basin Trust. Support was also provided by Nelson and Kootenay Lake Tourism.
Note: All venues follow local, federal and provincial government regulations and directives, including those related to public safety and COVID-19.